The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a casual status Physical Therapist Assistant to join our dynamic team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT.
- Maintain highest level of Physical Therapy standards, HIPPA and confidentiality guidelines while safely and effectively performing treatment plan and screens on residents and/or outpatients as directed and supervised by the Physical Therapist.
- Observe, record and report to Physical Therapist conditions, reactions and responses of resident and/or outpatients.
- Educate the resident, family, caregiver or others in carrying out appropriate nonskilled interventions.
- Consult with staff, families and resident on ongoing progress in therapy during, but not limited to, care plan meetings.
- Transport residents to and from rehab department when necessary.
- Maintain treatment records, resident files, and progress notes as required.
- Assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort and convenience.
- Participate in monthly meetings, surveys and inspections as required.
COMPENSATION. This is a casual status position paying $26.00 per hour.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT.
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience performing physical therapy in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers, residents and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; bending, lifting, pushing or pulling a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in continuing education classes to keep with current changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com