The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time or part-time Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT.
- Maintain highest level of Occupational Therapy standards, HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines while safely and effectively performing treatment plan and screens on residents and/or outpatients as directed and supervised by the Occupational Therapist.
- Observe, record and report to Occupational Therapist conditions, reactions and responses of resident and/or outpatients.
- Develop, improve, sustain or restore skills in activities of daily living (ADLs), work or productive activities, and play or leisure.
- Identify and facilitate engagement in meaningful and healthy occupations.
- Develop, remediate or restore sensory motor, cognitive, or psychosocial components of performance.
- Educate the resident, family, caregiver or others in carrying out appropriate nonskilled interventions.
- Consult with staff, families and resident on ongoing progress in therapy during, but not limited to, care plan meetings.
- Transport residents to and from rehab department when necessary.
- Meet w/administration, medical/nursing staff and related departments in planning therapy services.
- Maintain treatment records, resident files, and progress notes as required.
- Assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort and convenience.
- Participate in monthly meetings, surveys and inspections as required.
COMPENSATION. Competitive wage based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, the ICMCF offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays), and life insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS THE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT.
- Certified Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience performing occupational therapy in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; frequent bending, lifting, pushing or pulling required.
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in continuing education classes to keep with current changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com